“ We originally developed the product we thought our customers wanted, but we were missing the mark. By using design thinking and proven research methods to test our prototypes, AMS suggested improvements that lead us to the development of the product our customers really wanted—and that made all the difference.
AMS partners with you to answer the important questions that enable you to optimize your concepts or prototypes before launch, before you’ve invested too much time and money on the product and before it’s too late. Drawing on the principles of design thinking, Voice of the Customer and over thirty years of real-world experience in innovation, AMS helps you improve your concepts and prototypes prior to launch. This process saves you time and money and puts you on the path to launch more successful products, services and customer experiences.
The AMS Difference
At AMS we know that real insight comes from understanding customers. Our approach to concept testing puts the customer at the center and is both systematic and efficient:
- Develop empathy for target customers and prospects. Through research involving interviews and observations of customers and prospects interacting with your product, we’ll identify their mindsets, underlying needs, likes and dislikes.
- Creatively revise and update your concepts and prototypes. We collaborate with you to make changes through an iterative, test-and-learn process that improves the product along the way.
- Focus on the key design elements. Some elements of your product may offer greater latitude for changes than others. We focus on the aspects of your product or prototype where research can provide the greatest leverage for improving the design.
- Translate research into action. We facilitate collaborative creativity sessions that enable product designers, marketers, engineers and others to translate research insights into product specifications and design or technical requirements.
When you partner with AMS, you can trust that you’re working with the experts:
- As authorities in innovation and customer experience, AMS provides a real-world perspective on what you need to do to succeed.
- As professionals in the fields of Voice of the Customer and design thinking, AMS uncovers the stated and unstated needs that motivate customers to buy.
- As specialists in facilitating cross-functional teams, AMS collaborates with marketing, product development, engineering and others at your company to ensure we engage with and listen to all relevant perspectives.
The End Result
For over thirty years, companies have relied on us to answer the question: What do customers really need? Utilizing our best-in-class research techniques, Applied Marketing Science can help you to design and deliver products that not only meet important customers needs, but also differentiate you from the competition and resonate with your most profitable customer segments.
Learn how to design the products your customers really want.Contact Us